File Formats Accepted:
- Adobe Acrobat PDF/X-1A
- Adobe InDesign – version CS4 or earlier
- QuarkXpress – version 6.5 or earlier
- Adobe Illustrator – version CS4 or earlier
- Images at least 300 dpi, CMYK or grayscale
- Embed all fonts. Use PostScript Type1 not made bold or italic in native file’s style menu.
- PDFs should originate from: InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator
We Do Not Accept:
- PDFs originated from Microsoft Word or Publisher
- Images that are low resolution (200 dpi and lower)
- RGB, Pantone (PMS) or spot colors (metallic, fluorescent colors)
- Type bold faced or italicized in application style mode
- Files in PageMaker, Excel, Lotus, PowerPoint or Publisher documents
- Low resolution digital camera images. Make sure to set camera on the largest setting (1600 x 1200 pixels) and use the RAW file format, if available. Turn off date/time stamp.
Preparing Ads, Color Proofs
- Document size should be the specified ad size with no additional border/white space. For full bleed ads please make sure crop or registration marks DO NOT fall within the bleed area (cropmarks must be at least 1/8″ outside the trim size).
- Full page bleed ads should be created to the trim size of the publication plus bleed.
- For bleed, background should extend at least 1/4″ (18 pts) on all four sides of the ad.
** Files that have to be extensively corrected or reformatted to fit our size will be subject to production charges.